- About NBAA
- Award Nominees
- Young Business Achievers
- Previous Breakfast Speakers
- Award Winners 2008-2018
- Partners & Sponsorship
- NBAA Founding Partners
- Contact Us
Mantra Bell City Hotel Ballroom
205-215 Bell Street Preston
Enter main car park off Hotham Street
Click here for a larger map.
The NBAA Awards are a partnership of industry, education, local and state government and decision makers across Melbourne’s north and essential events for those seeking to do business in the region. They recognise the business achievements of SMEs and encourage business excellence, growth and competitiveness.
Geographically, the NBAA Awards encompasses the LGAs of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Nillumbik and Whittlesea.
Melbourne’s north currently has a population of over 900,000 people and is expected to grow by over 400,000 people over the next 20 years. Melbourne’s north comprises over 69,000 businesses and is a major contributor to State GDP.
To provide a high profile forum to enable business networking and the recognition of achievement.
- provide a forum for excellence and professionalism
- recognise and reward outstanding achievement
- support and encourage businesses to share strategies that will lead to growth opportunities for other businesses in the region
- present case studies that explain how to identify and overcome business weaknesses and achieve improved competitiveness
- create a more cohesive and connected business community
- Improve competitiveness, innovation, exports and productivity
- recognise the talents of individuals in business
- motivate business to address weaknesses and create opportunities
Why the awards have been established
The Awards will identify cutting edge businesses; leaders in their fields and award winning businesses that have made a major contribution to the economy; to community and the development of employment skills for the next generation.
NBAA Award Categories 2019
Business of the Year Award sponsored by the Victorian Government
Best Start Up Business or Microbusiness sponsored by Bank of Melbourne
Customer Service Award sponsored by Matchworks
Outstanding Initiative in Manufacturing Award sponsored by Options Consulting Group
Export Award sponsored by Matthews Steer
Human Resources Award sponsored by Macpherson Kelley
Innovation and Enterprise Award sponsored by AusIndustry
Philanthropy and Community Service Award sponsored by The Inner North Community Foundation
Sustainability and Environment Award sponsored by NORTH Link
Technology Business Award sponsored by Telstra
Workplace Diversity Award sponsored by Melbourne Polytechnic
Young Business Achiever Awards sponsored by La Trobe Business School
More information coming soon
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Grand Finale Breakfast
Host: NORTH Link