- About NBAA
- Award Nominees
- Young Business Achievers
- Previous Breakfast Speakers
- Award Winners 2008-2017
- NBAA Partners
- Contact Us
Mantra Bell City Hotel Ballroom
205-215 Bell Street Preston
Enter main car park off Hotham Street
Click here for a larger map.
Award Winners 2014
Melbourne's North Celebrates Business Successes and announces the 2014 NBAA Business of the Year Award winners
Melbourne's northern businesses, educational institutes, local government and community gathered on 4th December 2014 at Rydges Bell City in anticipation of the announcement of the winners of the Northern Business Achievement Awards for 2014.
The 2014 Business of the Year Award sponsored by the Victorian Government was awarded to ACSO, for business excellence across all areas of operations.
ACSO WEX Services, Program Coordinator, Mia Pace said ‘we would like to thank the City of Yarra for their nomination and support, the NBAA, our fantastic Team at ACSO for all their contribution.’
Other awards presented at the breakfast were:
· The Sustainability and Environment Award sponsored by Telstra which recognised sustainability and environmental best practices was awarded to GIW Environmental Solutions for their innovative sustainability solutions.
· Although prominently based in Australia Expedition Apparel was awarded the Export Award for successfully exporting their product in an industry that is considered one of the hardest to succeed in, clothing, making their product a high valued product.
· The Customer Service Award sponsored by MatchWorks which recognised excellence in customer service from an all round perspective was awarded to Crivelli Fine Coffee.
· The Innovation and Enterprise Award sponsored by AusIndustry recognised significant innovation and enterprise initiatives. This award was presented to FPC Food Plastics for innovation and improvements to an industry standard design that stood for 30 years, resulting in lower costs and reduced environmental impact.
· The Industry-Education Engagement Award sponsored by Northern Melbourne RDA recognised businesses that excel in the area of education and workplace learning was awarded to Australian Office for their diverse range of education engagements.
· The Human Resources Award sponsored by M+K Lawyers recognises the investment in employee engagement and development. This award was presented to Clean Force Property Services for high level staff development in both professional and personal development.
Two other organisations were recognised on the day as being stand outs in their industry.
· Kooinda Brewery a small business with huge export potential with their innovative way in collaborating with local brewers to create brand awareness and produce a quality product and
· Gymsports Academy of Movement and Excellence for their outstanding work with children prompting not only health, but building life skills. They offer a very unique product.
The Northern Business Achievement Awards Grand Finale breakfast for 2014 was held on Thursday 4th December and was hosted by Nillumbik Shire Council and attracted over 230 people.
The Awards align with NORTH Link’s aims of economic development and marketing and promotion of Melbourne’s north, by recognising local business achievement, encouraging innovation and providing valuable networks and opportunities for enterprise growth and development.
So as to encourage continuing accomplishment amongst businesses, The Northern Business Achievement Awards (NBAA) have been created as a series of business breakfast events designed to:
- acknowledge and celebrate the successes of Small-Medium enterprises (SME’s)
- offer opportunities for valuable networking
- learn and exchange ideas
Chris Heysen Chair of NORTH Link said “The 2014 NBAA Grand Finale again showcased the best that Melbourne’s north industry has to offer. I congratulate the winners and all nominees on their achievements”.
Information coming soon.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Host: SHIRE OF NILLUMBIK AND HUME CITY COUNCIL
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
Grand Finale Breakfast
Host: NORTH Link