- About NBAA
- Award Nominees
- Young Business Achievers
- Previous Breakfast Speakers
- Award Winners 2008-2017
- NBAA Partners
- Contact Us
Mantra Bell City Hotel Ballroom
205-215 Bell Street Preston
Enter main car park off Hotham Street
Click here for a larger map.
Award Winners 2015
Melbourne's North Celebrates Business Successes and announces the 2015 NBAA Business of the Year Award Winners
Melbourne's northern businesses, educational institutes, local government and community gathered in anticipation on Thursday, 3rd December 2015 on the announcement of the winners of the Northern Business Achievement Awards for 2015.
The 2015 Business of the Year Award sponsored by the Victorian Government was awarded to Compumedics, for business excellence across all areas of operations.
Compumedics, Executive Director, David Lawson said 'Compumedics is truly honored to receive this award, as it is recognition of the enormous effort and dedication from all who work at Compumedics including our supplier and services networks, to create a world leading, innovative, export business. We are proud to receive it and will continue our journey to grow the business into the future'.
Other awards presented at the breakfast were:
- The Sustainability and Environment Award sponsored by NORTH Link which recognised sustainability and environmental best practices was awarded to Sussex Taps for their innovative sustainability solutions.
- Distributing to more than 50 countries through a network of more than 40 distributors Compumedics, was awarded the Export Award sponsored by NORTH Link. An incredible eighty-five (85%) of Compumedics annual revenue is generated from export sales.
- The Customer Service Award sponsored by MatchWorks which recognised excellence in customer service from an all round perspective was awarded to Latitude.
- The Innovation and Enterprise Award sponsored by AusIndustry recognised significant innovation and enterprise initiatives. This award was presented to Metal Drilling for taking what seemed like an impossible task and making it possible.
- The Industry-Education Engagement Award sponsored by Northern Melbourne RDA recongised Going Green Solutions for effective and essential public education engagement on the importance of sustainability and energy saving.
- The Human Resources Award sponsored by M+K Lawyers recognises the investment in employee engagement and development. This award was presented to DASSI for their programs that engage and develop a positive employee culture for skills enhancement.
- The Workplace Diversity Award sponsored by Melbourne Polytechnic recognises companies who value in a culturally diverse workplace and was awarded to HiCity for having implemented formal and informal practices that respect the diverse religious and cultural practices in their workplace.
Another organisation was recognised on the day as being a stand out in their industry.
- JustMums a small business who partner with like-minded businesses that truly value the contribution mothers make to the workplace and specialise in offering end-to-end recruitment services, talent sourcing, training and resume support.
And for only the second time in seven years the Chairman's Award was presented to New Age Caravans for their excellence across a wide range or categories including customer service, high level of training for their staff at all levels, innovation in their designs and continued improvements to their products.
The Northern Business Achievement Awards (NBAA) acknowledge and celebrate the successes and achievements of small to medium sized enterprises in Melbourne's north. The NBAA was established by NORTH Link and the Cities of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Whittlesea, Yarra and the Shire of Nillumbik. The Awards align with NORTH Link's aims for economic development, marketing and promotion of Melbourne's north, by recognising local business achievement, encouraging innovation and excellence and providing valuable networks and opportunities for enterprise growth and development.
View video highlights of the 2015 NBAA Grand Finale
For more information on the Awards, please contact Chris James, Executive Director, NORTH Link - email@example.com or (03) 9479 3336.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
The New Tech Schools: How they relate to industry and jobs
Host: Hume City Council & Nillumbik Shire Council
- Thursday, June 6, 2019
Host: Banyule City Council and City of Darebin
- Thursday, September 5, 2019
Host: Moreland City Council and City of Whittlesea
- Thursday, December 5, 2019
Grand Finale Breakfast
Host: NORTH Link